Wendy's House

Sunday, September 17, 2006

In His Hands


Sometimes life htis you unexpectedly between the eyes and Wednesday evening was one of those occasions.

I received a telephone call to tell me that a friend had died suddenly. She was young, beautiful, intelligent but had a drink problem which cast a shadow over much of her life. We don't yet know all the circumstances surrounding her death, but all I could feel was a sense of sadness at the waste of such a lovely person. Her dependence on alcohol robbed her of everything and yet I know she loved God even though every day was a struggle for her.

At the same time, I received a message to tell me that another friend had died from cancer. This time it was a much older friend who, even in her painful last moments, knew that the time had come for her to meet Jesus in heaven. Her faith in life and death has taught me so much and I know that her funeral will be a celebration of a life lived for God.

So, two very sad deaths in very different circumstances. Its made me realise how important it is to make sure that every moment on earth counts for something. It's not for me to judge who goes to heaven and who doesn't but I like to think that they are both safe with Jesus now, that their physical and emotional suffering is now over.

Rest in peace.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sarah YEAH? said...

i'm really sorry to hear of your losses,like you said it makes you realise how important it is to cherise every moment on earth. i'm sure their lifes were better for knowing you

3:39 PM  
Blogger Thomas said...

I will keep on praying!

2:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home