Wendy's House

Saturday, September 02, 2006

All Good Things ...


All good things must come to an end, and so I am back in London, holiday over! On the last day of my holiday, I sat on the beach in the beautiful sunshine andthe scene around me took my breath away. I think it was because I knew I was about to return home and I just wanted to capture my surroundings and keep them in my mind forever.

The photograph above is the scene I saw from my deckchair.

This evening I came across this Jewish prayer and it took me right back to that memory on the beach ...

If my lips could sing as many songs as there are
waves in the sea:
If my tongue could sing as many hymns as there are ocean billows:
If my mouth filled the whole firmament with praise:
If my face shone like the sun and moon together:
If my hands were to hover in the sky like powerful eagles and my feet ran across mountains as swiftly as the deer;
All that would not be enough to pay you fitting tribute, O Lord my God.

6 Comments:

Blogger Eleanor Burne-Jones said...

Good to find your blog! I get to live by the sea all the time now, having moved here in June. It's wonderful...
Have a blessed year, you and your family, we pray for the college regularly.
Eleanor n/TSSF, Penzance corps
http://www.eveningbeaches.blogspot.com

5:56 AM  
Blogger Sarah YEAH? said...

Good to have all of you back...it sounds like you had a lovely time. I hate that feeling of a great holiday coming to an end! This post brought it all back to me. The beach looks and sounds lovely.

Looking forward to the discussion group.

6:12 AM  
Blogger Thomas said...

Who need the Carrabien when you have beautiful places in the UK.

I recognised the Prayer from this mornings meeting!

See you Tuesday! :0)

8:40 AM  
Blogger Patverums Childrens Day Centre said...

Hi Wendy, it's Zoe Smith here! If you haven't placed me yet it's George & Joyce German's Grandaughter!

Graeme mentioned to me that you we at Poplar corps and then he found your blog so I thought I'd say hi!!

It's great to see you've had a good summer, you can't beat South Devon!!

It was good to see you at the college when we were over last and that is kind of why I'm writing to you as I need some advice if you're able. Graeme is applying to enter in 2007 and so if all goes well when we finish our contract next summer we'll be heading back to London! As your 2 girls are primary age we were wondering if you could let us know about how you got them into school as Sian will turn 4 in November 2007 and so we want to start looking around and be ready to get her name down somewhere once we know if Grameme's been accepted.

A lot to write in a comment, sorry about that! My email address is: zoe@latnet.lv if you could let us know how it was for you that would be great! Thanks

Hope you're settling back into London living and that your 2nd year goes really well!

Zoe

12:33 AM  
Blogger youthwork southwest said...

Hi Wends!

Sorry for not saying hi on your blog before! Hi! It'd be great to catch up with you and Kev before too long...hopefully I'm going to be up in London for a meeting before the turn of the year so will try and drop in then.

Give the big lummux a hug from me.
M

12:45 AM  
Blogger Sarah YEAH? said...

hi wendy, sorry i didnt make the discussion group on tuesday. i didnt know it was on until it had already started, and it would have finished by the time i got there as i wasnt at home. hope i can still come next week. sorry again

11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home