Wendy's House

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

What Do You Think?


I love reading people's blogs! Yes, I'm nosy but more than that, I love the fact that there are people out there who care passionately about the things I think are important. I spent most of my teenage years hearing the words, "You've got some funny ideas, my girl!" I didn't think they were "funny" at all, in fact I still don't. I just felt that issues about the environment, about stewardship of the world's resources, the futility of war and human rights issues were and still are crucial. In the words of Roz, I just want to make the world a better place!

At Poplar Salvation Army, we are going to be starting a discussion group where some of these issues can be explored more fully. As a Christian, I am keen to explore various Christian perspectives on these issues, including that of the Salvation Army and, more importantly, the Bible.

If you would like to be part of this discussion group either in person or via this blog, then please let me know the types of topics we could discuss. I am hoping the group can begin meeting during the first week of September. Between 5 and 6 p.m., either Monday, Tuesday or Thursday would be best for Laura and myself. So, Paradise Zoners, let me know when would be best for you.

If there are any books or articles you've read that you would like to bring and discuss, please do. I would say come armed with opinions, but I know that you lot will do that no problem!!

Look forward to seeing your comments.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sarah YEAH? said...

i think the discussion group is a great idea and i would love to be part of it!

12:01 PM  
Blogger Roz Lynch said...

Hey Wendy hope it goes well...I'm off to Ireland next week...if u need anything doing let me know...I'm in Thursday and Friday...

...and do I detect the beginnings of a Rosie blog? Yay! Oh and tell her that today I bought loads more horrid histories for club (& loads from the quick reads series)...if she wants to borrow any they will be with the other books in club...

10:32 AM  
Blogger Thomas said...

Ooooooooooooooooooo!

I think theres a few things i could get of my chest! Have you guys already met or is there a time to meet another time?

Im looking foward to the discussion group!

6:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home